Thursday, October 16, 2008

A good year for bears







This pile of GRIZZLY bear poop was left on the railroad bed between the Warm River railroad tunnel and the Big Springs. I placed my Museum of idaho hat near the pile. It is not part of the pile.

The middle photo shows a bear in our campground near Quake Lake.

The top photo shows a black bear in Yellowstone. We got to spend a lot of time watching each of the black bears. they seemed unconcerned about our presence. We had no desire to meet the grizzly.

2 comments:

Blake Jones said...

Hey, I love your blog. I'm excited to get the updates of all your empty nesting adventures:) Especially the pictures, although they do make me homesick, it is still good to see pictures of home and family.
Jenny

Jenn said...

Wow, look at you being all techno and keeping up with the trends. :) hahaha... I'm glad you have a blog. It's nice to see what you guys are up to. I guess I better update mine now. Does anybody know how to put youtube videos on my blog? I'm technologically challenged...